Over 25 Interesting Compare And Contrast Essay Topics
Compare and contrast is an act we do in our everyday life in a bid to make quality decisions. Most times, we do it unconsciously, while we sometimes consciously get in a debate of “this is better than this” with our friends and loved ones.
Adolescents do compare and contrast debates a lot. However, many find it difficult to put things into writing when asked to do it in school. To find a suitable compare and contrast topic is challenging.
Those who are lucky to find a topic may find it difficult to put a proper argument into writing. However, if you fall among any of these categories, you are in the right space, as we will be helping you out.
By the time you are done with reading, you would have gotten familiar with some interesting compare and contrast topics. Also, you will have an idea of the pattern a proper compare and contrast essay should follow.
Steps to Write a Compare and Contrast Topic
First off, let’s show you have to present an excellent compare and contrast essay paper:
- Know your audience. Before you pick a topic, know your audience. Find things that of concern and interest to your audience. Do a brainstorm and come up with things that can present an effective comparison.
- Choose objects belonging to the same sphere. Compare things that look the same but have little noticeable differences.
- Use a comparative approach that puts forth the idea that an already established phenomenon should be reconsidered.
Tips on Compare and Contrast Topics
You might know how to write, but knowing what to write is equally important. Here are a few suggestions on compare and contrast topics:
- Topics on IT Technologies and Gadgets
- IOS vs. Andriod
- Online Shopping vs. Shopping in a mall
- Samsung vs. Apple
- Skype vs. Phone conversation
- Instagram vs. Snapchat
- General Topics
- American vs. The Chinese concept of beauty
- Rock vs. Rap music
- Classical vs. Pop music
- Benefits and Disadvantages: School teachers vs. University professor
- Movies vs. Theatre
- Popular things to Compare
- Chemistry vs. Physics
- New year vs. Christmas
- Summer vs. Winter
- Documentary vs. Fictions
- Tablet vs. Paper textbooks
- Topics about History and Influential people
- Hitler vs. Mussolini
- Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
- Civil World War I and II
- Ryan Reynolds vs. Donald Glover
- Politics in American now and Twenty years ago
- Easy Topic for Beginners
- Best color for formal meetings: Black or White
- Coffee vs. Tea
- Cats vs. Dogs
- Short vs. long hair
- Outdoor vs. Indoor play
- Doctors vs. Teachers
- Swimming vs. Flying
- Beach relaxation vs. Hiking
- Breakdance vs. Ballet
- Football vs. Basketball
Further Tips to Writing a Compare and Contrast Essay
At this stage, are you still stuck or didn’t know how to write the essay? Note that the secret to writing a good compare and contrast essay paper is to understand the subject of comparison. You, therefore, need to read widely.
Making a compare and contrast case requires that you read and do thorough research. You might need to make a comprehensive list of qualities, features, characteristics, etc. of the subjects. When you do, you’ll get a clear picture of what you are working on and what to write.
To write a successful compare and contrast topic begins by considering successful sample topics. Then you decide on the topic you want to work on, read widely on the subject, gather your thoughts, and begin to write.
It can be that simple. However, feel free to ask for professional help if you need it. An expert will help you put things in a proper perspective.